Alpha Clock Five, Error Compiling sample sketches

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Clock Kits Alpha Clock Five, Error Compiling sample sketches

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    eroon26
    Participant
    I’m trying to test out the sample sketches that came with the alphafive library, and encountered error compiling.
    Am I missing a library or something? I’ve just followed the instructions on wiki… I would appreciate any help!
    /Users/

/Documents/Arduino/libraries/alphafive/alphafive.cpp: In function ‘byte a5CheckForRTC()’:
    /Users/

/Documents/Arduino/libraries/alphafive/alphafive.cpp:753: error: call of overloaded ‘write(int)’ is ambiguous
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Wire/Wire.h:55: note: candidates are: virtual size_t TwoWire::write(uint8_t)
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/sanguino/cores/arduino/Print.h:49: note:                 size_t Print::write(const char*)
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Hmm.  I just tested all of the sample code, and I don’t get that error.   

Which version of Arduino are you using?  
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Okay, a suggestion.  Open up the library file ( …/Documents/Arduino/libraries/alphafive/alphafive.cpp ) and on line 753, make the following change:  

Wire.write(0); // start at register 0

To:
       Wire.write((uint8_t) 0); // start at register 0 

Please let me know if that fixes it.  
    eroon26
    Participant

Wow, thanks, that fixed it, but I’ve realized that my Arduino is 1.0, which was probably why this happened.

I have updated Arduino to 1.0.3, and rolled back to the origianal alphafive.cpp, it works perfect, too.

Thanks for your help!

eroon26
    Participant

Sorry for being trouble, but I’m getting the same error as what’s on this thread (http://forum.evilmadscientist.com/discussion/comment/406#Comment_406) for the AlphaClock.ino, even though the libraries seem to be installed correctly, I can see Time and alphafive from Sketch > Import Library…

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Perhaps you could try replacing your Time library and then restarting, in case something has gone wrong with it, or it’s an older version.  If you’re getting the exact same error– indicating that the Time library is not installed –there has to be something wrong with that library or its installation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.