Bad Magic Number

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Bad Magic Number

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dennis
    Participant

Hi,
    I have an EBB board version 2.5. I have updated the firmware to 265 using the firmware updater and it successfully updated. I am running Inkscape 0.92.4 with the extensions installed. When I try to test the EggBot using the extension I get the following error;
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “C:/Program Files/Inkscape/lib/python2.7/site.py”, line 64, in <module>
    import traceback
    ImportError: Bad magic number in C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/traceback.pyc
    I had a previous version of Inkscape on this computer that was removed using the APP manager. I am running Window 10 Home version 1903. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Are other extensions working?

Dennis
    Participant

No, I had not checked that. The other extensions are not working.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The error that you’re seeing is (as I suspected) in the Inkscape installation, rather than in the firmware or EggBot software. I’d suggest a full uninstallation and then re-installation of Inkscape, and be sure to restart your computer as well.

If you aren’t able to succeed with that, please follow up and I’ll have an alternate suggestion (one that shouldn’t be done unless necessary).

Dennis
    Participant

Thank you. I uninstalled Inkscape for the 3rd time. Reinstalled it by “run as administrator and now the extensions work. I believe that the key was to run the install as the administrator and then to run the program as an administrator.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Fantastic, and thank you for following up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.