Can’t install on macOS Sierra, says it requires ink space 0.47 or newer, but I have 0.95.

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Can’t install on macOS Sierra, says it requires ink space 0.47 or newer, but I have 0.95.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rauls4
    Participant

Refuses to install :-(

Any ideas?

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Can you please say what it is that you have that is “0.95”?

rauls4
    Participant

Inkscape.

I was able to do a manual install following the instructions for the pre-release version of EggBot, but the Mac DMG (release version) fails with Sierra and Inkscape 0.91 and later.
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The current release version of Inkscape is 0.91– if you’re using a pre-release version of Inkscape (especially one so far ahead as 0.95) that might explain the issue.

rauls4
    Participant

It failed with 0.91, I was trying different builds to see if I could get it to run.

I am currently running build 0.91 of Inkscape and Eggbot 2.8.0 (manual install)
    If I run the 2.8.4 Mac DMG based installer, it does not let me proceed.
    Here is a link to the error screen:
    gmhoovler
    Participant

I’m having the same issue – runninng Inkscape .91 on Sierra 10.12.3 and when I try to install from the eggbot dmg (latest), I get the same screen saying it can’t install to the hard drive that Inkscape is installed on.

I’m trying to get it working for my kids for easter so I’m motivated to interactively troubleshoot if someone can help.
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

@gmhoovler: Can you please say exactly what software package you are trying to install?

gmhoovler
    Participant

EggBot v2.4.0.dmg via GitHub earlier today

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Please try the current release 2.7.1, or the pre-release version 2.8.0. (Note that the 2.8.0 requires manual installation.)

gmhoovler
    Participant

Thanks, that worked.  The site I was linking in from took me to the 2.4.0 version and I didn’t dig deeper to realize that wasn’t the latest when it didn’t work.  I appreciate the quick support!

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

What site is that?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.