Eggbot Error Inkscape

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Ask an Evil Mad Scientist Eggbot Error Inkscape

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sjrinehart
    Participant

Hello,

I saw another post from 2 years ago with the same problem I’m having – I did was mentioned in the post, but it did not resolve my issue. Here’s the original post.

So when I try and run my eggbot on my Mac, I get this error:
    Inkscape has received additional data from the script executed. The script did not return an error, but this may indicate the results will not be as expected.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “eggbot.py”, line 1185, in <module>
    e.affect()
    File “/Users/samantharinehart/Library/Application Support/org.inkscape.Inkscape/config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/ink_extensions/inkex.py”, line 285, in affect
    self.effect()
    File “eggbot.py”, line 200, in effect
    self.serialPort = ebb_serial.openPort()
    File “/Users/samantharinehart/Library/Application Support/org.inkscape.Inkscape/config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/plotink/ebb_serial.py”, line 306, in openPort
    found_port = findPort()
    File “/Users/samantharinehart/Library/Application Support/org.inkscape.Inkscape/config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/plotink/ebb_serial.py”, line 53, in findPort
    from serial.tools.list_ports import comports
    File “/Users/samantharinehart/Library/Application Support/org.inkscape.Inkscape/config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/serial/tools/list_ports.py”, line 29, in <module>
    from serial.tools.list_ports_posix import comports
    File “/Users/samantharinehart/Library/Application Support/org.inkscape.Inkscape/config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/serial/tools/list_ports_posix.py”, line 31, in <module>
    from serial.tools.list_ports_osx import comports
    File “/Users/samantharinehart/Library/Application Support/org.inkscape.Inkscape/config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/serial/tools/list_ports_osx.py”, line 32, in <module>
    kIOMasterPortDefault = ctypes.c_void_p.in_dll(iokit, “kIOMasterPortDefault”)
    ValueError: dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, kIOMasterPortDefault): symbol not found

I’m using the most recent version of Inkscape 1.1.1 and I installed the extensions found here: https://github.com/evil-mad/EggBot/releases but nothing is working. :(

I’m on macOS Big Sur Version 11.6

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The error message is unrelated to that in the other issue.

The issue that you’re having is from running an old version of the EggBot software, not updated for macOS 10.15 and newer. Update to the current version, available from here: https://wiki.evilmadscientist.com/Installing_software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Eggbot Error Inkscape’ is closed to new replies.