Invalid Path Exception

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Invalid Path Exception

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    radie1969
    Participant

I’m having a problem with Inkscape/Eggbot and getting the following message:

Inkscape has received additional data from the script executed. The script did not return an error, but this may indicate the results will not be as expected.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “eggbot.py”, line 1168, in <module>
    e.affect()
    File “C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\inkex.py”, line 268, in affect
    self.effect()
    File “eggbot.py”, line 200, in effect
    self.plotToEggBot()
    File “eggbot.py”, line 449, in plotToEggBot
    self.recursivelyTraverseSvg( self.svg, self.svgTransform )
    File “eggbot.py”, line 509, in recursivelyTraverseSvg
    self.recursivelyTraverseSvg( node, matNew, parent_visibility=v )
    File “eggbot.py”, line 509, in recursivelyTraverseSvg
    self.recursivelyTraverseSvg( node, matNew, parent_visibility=v )
    File “eggbot.py”, line 565, in recursivelyTraverseSvg
    self.plotPath( node, matNew )
    File “eggbot.py”, line 944, in plotPath
    if len( simplepath.parsePath( d ) ) == 0:
    File “C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\simplepath.py”, line 110, in parsePath
    raise Exception, ‘Invalid path, no initial command.’
    Exception: Invalid path, no initial command.

I have tried using the “standard” EggBot template and get this message every single time. I’ve tried creating a brand new file and that will plot successfully one time. If I then delete the text and render something else and try to plot (same open document, just different text), I get the error message again. To make it work again, I have to unplug EggBot and restart my computer. I’m using Inkscape .91 / Eggbot 2.8 / Firmware 2.5.5 and Hardy Hershey Text. PLEASE HELP!!!

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Can you please clarify: Does this error only happen when you use Hardy Hershey Text?

radie1969
    Participant

It seems to be only Hardy Hershey Text. Regular Hershey Text works fine, but I need some way to do multiple lines of text that is idiot-proof. Any other suggestions on an extension that will do that?

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

We’ve heard other similar reports from users of Hardy Hershey Text. That’s not a program that we’ve written or one that we support.

Please contact technical support for Hershey Advanced, which is the tool that you probably want to use. :)

squareD
    Participant

I just use the regular true type font. You need to choose one that thin so the inside of A’s and O’s don’t get lost. I type what I need, use stroke and fill properties to remove fill and add the outline of the text. Then convert object to path and it works fine. It won’t do really small text but on larger text I think it looks better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.