want to charge supercapacitor and the battery by the solar panel

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Ask an Evil Mad Scientist want to charge supercapacitor and the battery by the solar panel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    janu
    Participant

Hello,

i have a circuit which charges the battery from solar panel but also i wanna add the super capacitor to be charged by the solar panel along with the circuit. how can i do that??? can anyone help me on this…..
    Thanks in advance…
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

As long as the supercap has voltage capacity greater than that of the solar cell, you can connect it directly in parallel with the battery.

janu
    Participant

Hi,Thanks for ur comment…But my values are Battery- 6V, Solar panel- 13/14V,
    Supercapacitor- 2.5V.
    So the voltage of my supercapacitor is not greater than
    the solar panel, now how ll I do this???
    And also I have another doubt, which is the efficient way
    to charge the supercap.Either by the battery or directly by the solar panel???
    Thanks in advance…

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Well, you’ll have to drop the extra voltage somewhere.  And, with components like these, you’re not going to get much efficiency, no matter what you do.

janu
    Participant

so, i wanna use the supercap in parallel with the battery but should drop some voltage…

is there case i can use these components efficiently???
    Thanks…
    maramor
    Participant

i am a newb but it all depends on what u are trying to do.  what is the end result?

is the cap for a reason or to stabilize power to battery?  might be obvious but im a newb

if your cap is not big enough get a bigger one ;) 

perhaps in parallel with overflow to batteries or another cap
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

>if your cap is not big enough get a bigger one ;) 

Yes, that’s the right answer.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.